Digital Arts is the newest of our Arts disciplines.
The program is developing an interdisciplinary project based curriculum in the Lower School. We began in the 2014 – 2015 school year with a project in the second grade. Our goal is to expand to the 3rd, 4th and 5th grades in the 2015 – 2016 school year and then to Kindergarten and 1st the following year.
In the Middle School, all students receive regular instruction in Visual Arts, Theater, Music and Dance.
This includes Sixth Grade Arts Block, an integrated multi-disciplinary arts course.
In the Middle School curriculum we emphasize:
- Understanding of the students personal connection to artistic expression
- Ability to work individually and in groups
- Embracing challenge
- Personal growth and development
Through projects in Graphic Design, Digital Photography, and Video Art, Students develop and explore their artistic vision with the use of professional creative software in our new state of the art Mac Lab.
These courses teach students how to use technology to create works of art while still maintaining a focus on self expression.
In the Upper School, students must finish one credit of Arts as a graduation requirement, which is done through elective courses.
In the Upper School our program expands as we focus on:
- Understanding yourself as an artist
- Discovering your own voice and sharing that through your artistic work
- Mastery of skills and techniques
- Ability to articulate artistic process
- Knowledge of historical context