July 1st through August 16th
Camp Starts: Monday, July 1st, 2019
Camp Ends: Friday, August 16th, 2019
*We are closed Thursday, July 4th
Our camp tuition varies according to your program choice, duration, and optional programs. View our 2019 Camp Enrollment Form for specific costs and detailed information.
- The Summer of Exploration Campers (Ages 3-7) can enroll for four (4) to seven (7) weeks
- The Summer Academy Campers (Ages 8-13) can enroll for one (1) or more weeks. Campers and their families will select the weeks.
Tuition includes: Transportation, lunch, towel service, use of all camp facilities, a tee shirt/sports jersey, water/Gatorade stations, daily swim periods, some athletic equipment and the cost of all day and overnight trips.
Click on the Camper Application to secure your spot in a program of choice.
Feel free to call us at 516-393-4207 or email Camp@fa.org if you have any questions.
1. What are the dates for the 2019 Camp Season? What sessions do you offer? Camp starts on Monday, July 1st and ends on Friday, August 16th, 2019*. The Summer of Exploration Campers can enroll for 4 to 8 weeks. The Summer Academy Campers can enroll for 1 to 8 weeks.
*Note: The camp is closed on Thursday, July 4th, 2019
2. What are the hours of a typical camp day and is transportation included? Our camp day runs from 9:30 am - 4:30 pm. Buses will pick up your child between 8:00 and 9:15 am. Parents can drop off campers after 9:00am and pick up before 4:30 pm by prior arrangement. Our buses are air-conditioned and each vehicle has a bus counselor to supervise campers.
3. What are the ages of campers that attend Friends Academy? Our Summer of Exploration is intended for campers entering Nursery through 2nd grade (Ages 3-7). Our Summer Academy is offered to campers entering 3rd grade through 8th grade. (Ages 8-13). Our Leaders in Training (LIT) program is for students entering 9th and 10th grade (ages 14-15).
4. Do you offer swim instruction? We provide two (2) swims daily with American Red Cross swimming instruction for our Summer of Exploration Campers. Each camper has small group instruction every day with the same swim instructor to ensure that the camper feels safe and secure.
The Summer Academy swimming instruction is by request at no additional cost. Campers can opt to engage in sports in main gym instead of swimming.
5. Do you offer lunch? Our summer program includes lunch for every camper. We offer hot meal choices, plain pasta, sandwich bar, salad bar, fresh fruit, and a snack on a daily basis. All campers are offered Gatorade, water, ice tea, lemonade, and milk daily. Our Summer of Exploration Campers receive a snack in the afternoon around 1:30 pm. We also offer ice cream at the end of each camp day to all our campers. Ice pops are always available as an alternative to ice cream. We are well equipped to handle picky eaters and any food allergies.
6. Is there a nurse on campus? We have a Registered Nurse on campus. Coaches and head staff members are also trained in first-aid and CPR. Additionally, we have a medical doctor on call at all times in case of an emergency as well as AED machines located throughout our campus.
7. How many campers/staff will be in my child's group? In our Summer of Exploration Program, our Juniors (Ages 3-5) have a 4:1 ratio of campers to counselors. Our Intermediate Campers (Ages 6-7) have a 6:1 ratio of campers to counselors. Groups are organized by age and gender in Summer or Exploration Program.
Group Counselors travel with their campers everywhere throughout the day and are active participants and helpers at each activity. Additionally, we have Division Leaders who supervise all the groups in a particular program. Division Leaders are teaching professionals who are available to you throughout the summer.
Our Summer Academy Programs have different staffing ratios depending on the particular activity and facility capacity. Our Summer Academy Staff consists of Head Coaches/Head Teachers, Assistant Head Coaches, and both Senior and Junior Counselors.
8. Who instructs each activity? Summer of Exploration Campers (Ages 3-7) While Group Leaders and Counselors accompany all campers to each activity, they are not responsible for teaching each activity. Teaching Specialists, with highly skilled backgrounds, lead our activities. Our specialists are often teachers, coaches or professionals in their particular field.
The Summer Academy (Ages 8-13) Our Head Coaches/Teachers plan daily schedules with the help of their assistants. Campers often break up into smaller groups for more specialized and individual training or instruction. Our Coaches/Teachers are comprised of coaching/teaching professionals. Our Assistant Counselors are both college and high school athletes and students.
9. What happens if it rains? Rainy days rarely effect our schedule due to our vast facilities. All of our indoor activities can still take place despite inclement weather. We have plenty of additional indoor space to facilitate many of our sports programs.
10. What do I need to send to camp every day? We recommend that every camper bring two (2)bathing suits (towels are provided). The Summer Academy Campers will receive an equipment list for their particular sports prior to the summer season. We supply water and Gatorade stations throughout the campus with cups but campers are welcome to bring their own water bottles.
11. Can my child change sports/electives if he/she doesn't like the activity or elective originally chosen? We provide the opportunity to select another activity prior to the start of the program. Changes are accommodated based on availability and minimal disruption to the existing sport or elective.
12. How can I find out more about Friends Academy Summer Camps? Please contact our camp office to schedule a tour or to ask questions. We are extremely proud of our program and facility and invite you to take a look for yourself! Our year round staff is available to answer your questions by calling 516-393-4207 (Monday - Friday) from 9:00 am - 4:00 pm.