LS PE Curriculum
From body management skills and locomotor skills, to health-fitness concepts and object movement.
Students utilize activities such as throw/catch, hoops, kicking skills, racquet skills, games/parachute, football, floor hockey, basketball, tumbling team, dodge/throw, handball, baseball/striking, frisbee, soccer, scoopball, dance, jump rope for heart and field day.
The Physical Education program at Friends Academy builds a lifelong appreciation of the connection between fitness and a wholesome lifestyle. Students enjoy a broad and diverse physical education curriculum that includes skill development, games and traditional sports as well as non-western activities such as African dance and yoga.
Please click here for a curriculum overview.
Kindergarten - Second Grade curriculum includes:
- Body management skills - stationary & moving balance, agility
- Locomotor skills - run, hop, skip, jump, gallop
- Health-fitness concepts - cardio-respiratory endurance, strength, flexibility
- Object movement - kicking, dribbling, throw, catch, striking, roll
- Activities - Throw/catch, hoops, kicking skills, racquet skills, games/parachute, football, floor hockey, basketball, tumbling team, dodge/throw, handball, baseball/striking, frisbee, soccer, scoopball, dance, jump rope for heart, field day.
Third and Fourth Grade curriculum includes:
Fitnessgram assessment, volleyball, field hockey, dance, flag football, team handball, soccer, lacrosse, tennis, ultimate frisbee, speedball, track & field, floor hockey, softball, basketball, badminton, self-defense, field day.