This week, Lower School students will be bringing home a letter and pledge sheets this week for our Jump Rope for Heart (JRFH) event on Thursday, Feb. 15th. Look out for it and help support our LS students!
Under the Lights North Shore and Friends Academy are partnering in order to offer a special spring season Flag Football program for kids in Kindergarten through 8th grade.
The league will operate on Sunday afternoons and the cost is $125 per player. Under Armour Apparel will be provided and all games will be played at Friends Academy.
Winter II interim forms for the Middle School are now live on Magnus Health and required for all students playing a Winter II Sport. Due by this Thursday, Jan. 11. The Middle School Winter Season II begins Tues. Jan. 16.
We wish all of our winter athletes the best of luck!
The girls inaugural Swish for a Cure Basketball Classic raised $1,500 to be donated to the Jimmy V Foundation, dedicated to funding research to fight cancer….congratulations!
A message about the life-transformational power of sports in “Keep Playing.”
Recently Dr. Nancy Kaplan from St. Johns Univ. facilitated a leadership workshop for Upper School team captains and coaches. These two groups worked together to identify leadership traits, roles and expectations, challenges and effective resolutions to help give team captains the best opportunity to lead and be successful in their roles.
Great season for some great teams!...Take a look back at the season with our Fall Sports Slideshow.
- Girls Cross Country finished second in the county and advanced to the NYS Qualifying meet. In a tough field against eight other schools, FA finished with four who ran personal best times and a fifth who ran her season best.
- Boys and girls soccer and girls tennis advanced to the playoffs
- Field hockey missed post-season play by one game,
- Football battled right up to the last game, under the lights
- rew had multiple medal winners, sending four rowers to the prestigious Head of the Charles regatta….GO QUAKERS!
The winter season begins Nov. 13th!
Coach Wayne Mazzoni, author of "Get Recruited" will lead parents and athletes through the college athletic recruiting process, including:
- How to determine the right athletic level
- How to get colleges to recruit you
- Understanding recruiting rules
- Determining your scholarship potential, and more
For athletes in grades 8-12. Click for more details.
Oct. 14th - FALL FAIR HOMECOMING!....Come out to a game and watch the Quakers in action!
- 9:30 am - Boys JV Soccer v. North Shore
- 10:00 am - Varsity Field Hockey v. North Shore
- 12:00 pm - Boys Varsity Soccer v. North Shore
- 2:00 pm - Girls Varsity Soccer v. Mepham
- 2:00 pm - Varsity Football v. North Shore
John Underwood, Director of the Human Performance Project, spoke to Upper schoolers about sleep deprivation, stress management and more. Read more.
Winter sports start games this week….check the website for the latest schedules!