Info for New Parents
Welcome to the Friends Academy Parent Information page, the place to find everything you need from school forms to permission slips, handbooks and what's for lunch.For all private information, including grades and comments, your child's classes, health records, and the FA E-mail Archive, please log-in below to the secure FA Parent Portal. The private Parent Portal is available to new parents in July.
Please provide your username and password to log in:
Forgot your login?
Please enter your email address. Instructions for retrieving your username and password will be emailed to you.
Create a new Password
Please enter your username and create a new password.
- Student & Parent Handbook
- 2017-18 & 2018-19 Calendar & Important Dates
- Weekly Lunch Menus
- Medical Forms
- Academic Course of Studies - All Divisions
- General School Forms & Information
- Upper School Forms & Information
- Middle School Forms & Information
- Lower School Forms & Information
- Safety & Security - Procedures & Protocols
- "How Do I?" FAQ
- 2018 Summer Reading Lists
- 2017-18 Textbook Returns and 2018-19 Lists
- 2018-19 School Supply Lists
Monthly lunch and snack menus
Breakfast and snacks: Both breakfast and afternoon snack items are available for purchase in the Dining Commons. Students can either pay cash or swipe their PIN code, which is printed on the Student ID card.
Both breakfast and afternoon snack items are available for purchase in the Dining Commons. Students can either pay cash or swipe their PIN code, which is printed on the Student ID card. All Lower School students receive a daily snack, which is eaten in the classroom. Middle School students enjoy fresh fruit at the end of the school day.
Questions: Contact Food Services Manager Jodi Resnick at 516-393-4233 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please login above to reach the Parent Portal and access Magnus Health SMR (Student Medical Records) to complete your child's Vital Health Record and upload all medical forms. Blank forms are available through Magnus Health and provided below for your convenience.
1. Log in to the Parent Portal through www.fa.org.
2. Click on the Magnus Health icon on the right side.
3. From here, access your child's name and subsequent record.
4. Once in your child's record, you will see what must be submitted/approved/rejected.
5. To enter physicals and interims, click on that form and click "Scan" and subsequently "Upload" or "Fax" (scan gets in faster...fax requires at least 2 days).
- Parent Permission is signed electronically online.
- FA Athletics approves all forms so if it your form is rejected, it's rejected because it is missing an item.
- All physicals for student-athletes in grades 7-12 must contain height, weight, blood pressure and urine test results.
- Interim forms must be signed within 30 days of season start, dated with signature of parent and student. Winter and spring interim forms become available 30 days before each season begins.
- Application for Diversity Grant Fund
- Bus Request Form (Needed for Kindergarten and up. Forms must be returned to your school district by April 1st. Some districts may require you to fill out their forms.)
- Instrument rental forms (Needed for 4th grade and up)
- Tuition Refund Plan
- Tuition Monthly Payment Plan Form
|Schedule of Games|
School Store - Athletics Wear and PE Clothing
The “Flash Store” and Friends Academy Athletics offers Physical Education uniforms to Middle and Upper School students. Open 24/7, parents can order directly from the site and have the clothing shipped directly to their homes in approximately a week.
All medical and athletic forms are now handled through Magnus Health. Please visit the Parent Portal and click on the Magnus Health icon to complete your forms.
All Athletic and Physical forms must be uploaded to Magnus Health. You may access your Magnus Health SMR account when you login to the FA website; look for the the "Magnus Health" icon on the Parent Portal. All athletic forms (physical exam form, parent consent form and sports interim form) can be found at this site, completed and uploaded.
Please note that parents with Upper School student athletes playing in Fall sports must submit their medical information and forms on or before August 7, 2017.
All athletes must complete the interscholastic sports interim form. Interim form must be filled out and dated after July 23, 2017 for US athletes, July 16, 2017 for football and August 6, 2017 for MS athletes.
You cannot practice until your physical form, consent form, interscholastic sports interim form, and concussion letter have been uploaded to Magnus Health.
Support: If you are having difficulty navigating the Magnus system, entering data online or downloading the hardcopy coversheets and forms, please contact customer support at Magnus Health SMR by phone(877-461-6831) and email (service@magnushealthportal.
Dress for Physical Education classes
We are looking at having athletic wear available to students from an online school store. In the interim, students may wear the following:
- Gym shorts: Black
- T-shirt: White, grey, black or red
Important Pre-Season Practice Information
It is very important for our student/athletes to come to pre-season practices. Athletes must have a fixed number of practices before they are eligible for the first scrimmage or game. Teams are chosen during these tryouts/practices; therefore, not being at practice limits an athlete’s exposure. Conditioning done in the pre-season practices prevents many unnecessary injuries and allows our student/athletes to develop the cardiovascular and muscular conditioning necessary to participate in that team sport.
- Upper School Style Manual
- Schedule Change Form
- Summer Programs list
- SAT Subject Tests
- Independent Study form
- Log in to Upper School Student Portal for college manuals (Class of 2019 available mid-August)
- Naviance Log-in
- 2017 College Matriculation
- 2018 Method Test Prep Log-in
- 9th & 10th Grade Overview
- Sample Activities Resume
Class of 2019 - Seniors
- Prom permission form (must be completed if inviting an outside guest)
- Senior Driving Privilege Program Policy
- Senior Driving Permission Form
- Senior Driving Checklist
- Method Test Prep Log-in
- ISP Packet
Camp De Wolfe forms are available when logged into the parent portal
Class of 2020 - Juniors
Rock Can Roll Service retreat
Guest Visitor permission form
Class of 2021 - Sophomores
- My College QuickStart Reference Guide
- New vs. old SAT features
- Planning for the College Process - Freshman & Sophomore Years
Sept. 19th Retreat permission forms
Class of 2022 - Freshmen
Ninth grade Electives (Current rising 8th graders)
Middle School Athletic Wear (School Store)
The “Flash Store” will offer Physical Education uniforms to Middle and Upper School students. Open 24/7, parents can order directly from the site and have the clothing shipped directly to their homes in approximately a week.
Middle School clubs and Enrichment activities
Middle School offers the opportunity to join a variety of student clubs. Clubs meet during lunch on an assigned day during the week.
In the event of inclement weather, the following protocols will go into effect:
- Parents will receive a direct phone call with a recorded message from the Head of School via the school's phone alert system.
- FA's status will be posted as a pop-up window on the FA website.
- FA's status will be available on Cablevision and FIOS - watch the closings and delays crawl on the television or go to the websites for News12 Long Island or FIOS1.
FA's first line of communication is the phone alert system. If you do not receive a call and are concerned about the safety of the driving conditions, please check the FA website, News12 Long Island, or FIOS1.
Online Safety & Privacy
Below, please find helpful resources for protecting privacy and staying safe online.
Find an old e-mail? Log onto the Parent Portal and click on "E-mail Archive" on left navigation bar
Pay my bill? Log onto the Parent Portal and click on "MyBackPack," then "My Account"
Please read the guidelines carefully to be sure that you follow the procedures specific to your school district.
A. For students served by Textbook Central, which includes ALL Nassau and Suffolk districts EXCEPT Sewanhaka, Farmingdale, and Oceanside:
(Note: New this year, Hicksville is now included)
- Students and their families are responsible for the return of all textbooks and non-consumable books at the end of the school year. Students are not permitted to write or highlight in these books. Student accounts will be charged for any missing and damaged books.
Grade 12 TK (Books can be returned after each AP or final)
Grades 9-11 TK (Books can be returned after each final)
Grades 6-8 TK
Lower School TK
B. For students who live in Sewanhaka, Farmingdale, and Oceanside school districts:
- All textbooks must be returned to your school district office
ALL TEXTBOOKS MUST BE RETURNED BY TK.
Please contact Laurie Fleming at email@example.com or (516) 465-1724.
- 9th-12th: TK
- 9th-12th: TK
- 9th Grade: TK
- 10th-12th: TK
Students on campus for Sports on TK may pick up their textbooks after their practices. If you have any questions, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
2018-19 Book Lists
- LS Textbook list
- MS Textbook list
- US Textbook list (Some of these titles may change in August; please check back then)
A. For students served by Textbook Central, which includes ALL Nassau and Suffolk districts EXCEPT Farmingdale, Oceanside and Sewanhaka
- Textbooks will be ordered by the school. You will receive more information over the summer about how and when these books will be distributed.
B. If you live in the Farmingdale, Oceanside or Sewanhaka district:
- You will need to complete a district specific book order form. We ask that you turn in your forms to your district office as soon as possible. If you wait until August, districts may not be able to fill orders in time for the start of school.
C. If you live in a borough of New York City:
- A few of your books may be provided by the city. Typically, families receive very few books through this system due to budgetary constraints and the process is quite cumbersome. We try to provide some books from our inventory for these students. Please be aware that you are responsible for ensuring that your child has any books not provided by New York City by the start of the year.
- All supplies are provided by teachers.
Middle School (to be confirmed)
- 6th grade (updated 5/9/17) 2018-19 TK
- 7th grade (updated 6/27/17) 2018-19 TK
- 8th grade (updated 5/1/17) 2018-19 TK
- In the Upper School, there is no general supply list. Needed supplies are communicated by each teacher on the first day of school.