Thank you for your interest in applying to Friends Academy. Please complete the Admissions Inquiry Form or call the Admissions Office at 516-393-4244 to request an Information Packet.
Click Here to apply online. We will continue to accept paper applications which you may download and print from our website, but we encourage you to submit an online application. Please click here for a printable application.
Teacher Recommendation and Transcript Release Form:
All applicants, please submit both Transcript Release Form and grade appropriate Teacher Recommendation Form to your child’s current school. An applicant file is complete when all materials have been received directly from your child’s current school. Kindly notify your child’s school that we require the current year’s first semester report card, report cards for the last 3 years, and all standardized test results for the last 3 years. With all applications, please submit:
- Transcript Release Form
- Teacher Recommendation Form - Early Childhood, Kindergarten, Grade 1
- Teacher Recommendation Form - Grades 2 through 5
- Teacher Recommendation Form - Grades 6 through 12
Student Questionnaire for Students applying to 6th - 12th Grade
All students applying for 6th - 12th grade should return a completed Student Questionnaire to the admissions office.
Once we receive your application, we will call you to schedule a parent meeting.
And students applying to:
- Early Childhood and Kindergarten: We will contact you to schedule a playdate and screening
- Grade 1-4: We will contact you to set up a half day visit and screening.
- Grade 5: We will contact you to set up a full day visit and screening.
- Grade 6-8: We will contact you to set up full day visit in Middle School and Student Interview.
- Grades 9-12: We will contact you to set up a Student Interview with an Upper School Faculty Member. Visits are available upon request after decision letters have been mailed in March.
Early Childhood Age Eligibility:
- Playgroup: 3 years of age by September 1
- Pre-Kindergarten: 4 years of age by September 1
- Kindergarten: 5 years of age by September 1
Testing for Students applying to 6th - 11th Grade:
Students who are applying for 6th - 11th grade must take the Secondary School Admissions Test (SSAT). Information regarding the test may be found at www.ssat.org. All test scores must be sent directly from SSAT to Friends Academy. The Friends Academy school code is 3286.