Thank you for your interest in applying to Friends Academy. Please complete the Admissions Inquiry Form or call the Admissions Office at 516-393-4244 to request an Information Packet.
Early Childhood, Lower
2. Interview/Classroom Visit:
Once we receive your application, we will call you to schedule a parent meeting.
And students applying to:
- Early Childhood and Kindergarten: We will contact you to schedule a playdate and screening
- Playgroup: 3 years of age by September 1
- Pre-Kindergarten: 4 years of age by September 1
- Kindergarten: 5 years of age by September 1
- Grade 1-4: We will contact you to set up a half day visit and screening.
- Grade 5: We will contact you to set up a full day visit and screening.
- Grade 6-8: We will contact you to set up full day visit in Middle School and Student Interview.
- Grades 9-12: We will contact you to set up a Student Interview with an Upper School Faculty Member. Visits are available upon request after decisions have been made.
3. Required Forms:
Please submit both Transcript Release Form and Teacher Recommendation Form to your child’s school. An applicant file is complete when all materials have been received directly from your child’s current school. Kindly notify your child’s school that we require the current year’s first semester report card, report cards for the last 3 years, and all standardized test results for the last 3 years. Please submit:
- Transcript Release For - All Applicants
- Teacher Recommendation Form - Early Childhood, Kindergarten, Grade 1
- Teacher Recommendation Form - Grades 2 through 5
- Teacher Recommendation Form - Grades 6 through 12
- Student Questionnaire Form - Grades 6 through 12
4. Register for SSAT - Students applying for Grades 6 through 11:
Information regarding the Secondary School Admissions Test (SSAT) may be found at www.ssat.org. All test scores must be sent directly from SSAT to Friends Academy. The Friends Academy school code is 3286.
5. Apply for Financial Aid:
Friends Academy maintains a need-based financial aid policy. See Financial Aid tab below.
November 5th, 2018 at 8:30am – Middle School
November 6th, 2018 at 8:30am – Upper School
November 8th, 2018 at 8:30am – Lower School
January 15th, 2019 at 8:30am – Middle and Upper School
January 17th, 2019 at 8:30am - Lower School
***Please call the Admissions Office at 516-393-4244 to RSVP for the Open House
Financial Aid Timeline:
- February 8th, 2019
- Parents' Financial Statement (PFS) application online. Available at: http://sss.nais.org (Please mail a printed copy to the Admissions Office)
- Copies of 2018 W-2 Forms
- Signed Form 4506 (Mailed home upon receipt of Admissions application; Please call the Admissions Office if you need a copy)
- March 8th, 2019
- Signed copies of 2018 Federal Tax Returns (1040) including all schedules
- Business/Farm Statement if applicable
- Copies of 2018 Corporate Returns if applicable
Financial Aid at Friends Academy
Friends Academy maintains a need-based financial aid policy. This means that no one will be denied admission based on an inability to pay full tuition and that financial aid is awarded strictly based on demonstrated need. Need is determined by a number of factors as outlined in our pamphlet entitled, "Financing Your Friends Academy Education." Twenty percent of our students receive some form of financial assistance.
The financial aid program is guided by the conviction that the primary responsibility for financing a student's independent education rests with his/her family. This cannot be altered by the assertion that one parent has disclaimed responsibility for educational expenses. Also, the Financial Aid committee considers each parent to be a potential source of earned income once all children are in school full-time.
While Friends Academy has a generous financial aid budget and is able to meet the needs of many new families, unfortunately we are not able to offer awards to all who qualify.
For New Applicants:
When completing the application for admission, check the appropriate box. The Admissions and Financial Aid Office will forward all necessary forms with detailed instructions and deadline dates. All parents must complete the Parents' Financial Statement Form online.
SSAT offers free informational webinars for parents to help guide you through the financial aid process. You can register for these helpful sessions at: http://sssbynais.org/
Additionally, you can print the SSAT Guide to Completing the PFS from Start to Finish, featuring line-by-line instructions by clicking here.
For Current Students:
Parents of enrolled students who currently receive financial aid will automatically be sent new forms in early November. Parents of enrolled students who wish to request financial aid for the first time should contact the Admissions and Financial Office to obtain the necessary forms and information. If enrolled as a full-paying student at Friends Academy and there is a change in your financial circumstances, you may apply for financial aid after 2 consecutive school years.
For Further Information:
Please contact the Admissions and Financial Aid Office at 516.676.0393.