Thank you for your interest in applying to Friends Academy. Please complete the Admissions Inquiry Form or call the Admissions Office at 516-393-4244 to request an Information Packet.
Early Childhood, Lower
1. Apply Online:
Online applications for 2020-2021 are now available through Ravenna. Kindly create a user account and search for Friends Academy in the Ravenna school directory to apply. All required forms and steps are online.
2. Interview/Classroom Visit:
Once we receive your application, we will call you to schedule a parent meeting.
And students applying to:
- Early Childhood and Kindergarten: We will contact you to schedule a playdate and screening.
- Playgroup: 3 years of age by September 1
- Pre-Kindergarten: 4 years of age by September 1
- Kindergarten: 5 years of age by September 1
- Grades 1-5: We will contact you to set up a visit and screening.
- Grades 6-8: We will contact you to set up a visit and Student Interview.
- Grades 9-12: We will contact you to set up a Student Interview with an Upper School faculty member. Visits are available upon request.
3. Required Forms:
Transcript Release Form and Teacher Recommendation Forms are completed through our online application system. An applicant file is complete when all required forms have been received and the visit/interview is complete. Kindly notify your child’s school that we require the current year’s first semester report card, report cards for the last 3 years, and all standardized test results for the last 3 years (if applicable). Additionally, students applying for Grades 6-12 must complete the Student Questionnaire online in Ravenna.
4. Register for SSAT - Students applying for Grades 6 through 11:
Information regarding the Secondary School Admissions Test (SSAT) may be found at www.ssat.org. All test scores must be sent directly from SSAT to Friends Academy. The Friends Academy school code is 3286.
5. Apply for Financial Aid:
Friends Academy maintains a need-based financial aid policy. See the Financial Aid tab below for more information.
Tuesday, November 5 at 8:30am (Upper School – Grades 9 to 12)
Thursday, November 7 at 8:30am (Lower School – Age 3 to Grade 5)
Tuesday, November 12 at 8:30am (Middle School – Grades 6 to 8)
Tuesday, January 14 at 8:30am (Middle & Upper School – Grades 6 to 12)
Thursday, January 16 at 8:30am (Lower School – Age 3 to Grade 5)
***Please call the Admissions Office at 516-393-4244 to RSVP for the Open House
Financial Aid Timeline:
February 3rd, 2020
- Parents' Financial Statement (PFS) application online. Available at solutionsbysss.com.
- 2018 W-2 Forms
- A signed, undated Form 4506-T (Please call the Admissions Office if you need a copy)
- 2018 Federal Tax Returns (1040) including all schedules
- 2018 Corporate Returns if applicable
- 2019 Returns will be collected prior to September 1, 2020 for enrolled families
Financial Aid at Friends Academy
Friends Academy maintains a need-based financial aid policy. This means that no one will be denied admission based on an inability to pay full tuition and that financial aid is awarded strictly based on demonstrated need. Need is determined by a number of factors as outlined in our pamphlet entitled, "Financing Your Friends Academy Education." Twenty percent of our students receive some form of financial assistance.
The financial aid program is guided by the conviction that the primary responsibility for financing a student's independent education rests with his/her family. This cannot be altered by the assertion that one parent has disclaimed responsibility for educational expenses. Also, the Financial Aid committee considers each parent to be a potential source of earned income once all children are in school full-time.
While Friends Academy has a generous financial aid budget and is able to meet the needs of many new families, unfortunately we are not able to offer awards to all who qualify.
Parents of enrolled students who wish to request financial aid for the first time should contact the Admissions and Financial Office to obtain the necessary forms and information. If enrolled as a full-paying student at Friends Academy and there is a change in your financial circumstances, you may apply for financial aid after two consecutive school years.
For Further Information:
Please contact the Admissions and Financial Aid Office at 516.393.4244.