Interested applicants should send a resume with references and a cover letter to email@example.com, unless otherwise indicated. No fax or paper applications will be accepted. Please put the position title in the subject line of the email.
- Admission and Enrollment Database Manager
- Coaching Positions
- Substitute Teacher (All Divisions)
- Substitute for Little Friends
- After School Classroom Teacher
- 2021 Pre-Summer/Summer Instructors
Reports To: Director of Enrollment Management and Financial Aid
Start Date: September 1
Primary Roles and Responsibilities
Admission, Financial Aid and Enrollment
- Greet admission office guests and create a welcoming environment for students, faculty/staff, parents and visitors; respond to requests and inquiries in a friendly and timely manner. and monitor online inquiries, answer phone calls, emails, conduct tours for applicant families and drop-in inquiries.
- Assist families with their online applications, financial aid paperwork and enrollment process
- Coordinate and schedule student assessments/playgroups/interviews, parent interviews, school tours and classroom visits
- Manage office calendar regarding visits, interviews, meetings, events, etc.
- Work collaboratively with Division Heads, Deans, faculty and staff in the admission process
- Assist Admission Committee members with scheduling needs pertaining to admission interviews and committee meeting
- Track the online application, evaluates files for completeness and communicates the status of the files with the various admission committees
- Prepare and process the decision letters, emails and enrollment contracts for all applicants.. Responsible for technical and administrative aspects of correspondence.
- Assist with organization and planning activities and special events for prospective and admitted families such as Open Houses, information sessions, and receptions
- Maintain integrity of data for admissions, enrollment, and financial aid, and coordinate office communications
- Keep accurate and organized data on all inquiries, prospective and enrolled families
- Work with the Business Office in the re-enrollment process
- Work with Ravenna, Senior Systems and SSS
- Prepare enrollment reports and other statistical information such as BEDS, INDEX, as well as reports related to recruitment, trends in admission, retention of students, financial aid allocation, Board reports
- Assist the Director of Enrollment Management and Financial Aid in tracking and recording materials of all applicants and students receiving financial aid
- Provide support to the Director and Associate Director pertaining to recruitment activities, travel arrangements, gathers and distributes recruitment materials, tracks events registration, etc.
- Maintain office supplies and materials
- Perform various office and/or administrative tasks, including but not limited to: check requests, processing membership contracts, ordering office supplies
Skills and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills
- An ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Strong knowledge and 3- 5 years of experience with technology, specifically database administration and data entry, Word and Excel, Google Apps for Education including Calendar, Docs, Forms and Sheets. Familiarity with Senior Systems, SSS and Ravenna is a plus
- Enthusiasm for working with parents and students
- Detail-oriented with superior organizational skills
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Effective time management skills
- A passion for working in a diverse and inclusive environment
Mission and Philsophy
Founded in 1876 by Gideon Frost for “the children of Friends and those similarly sentimented."
Friends Academy is an independent, co-educational, college-preparatory, Quaker day school for students age three through tenth grade located in Locust Valley, New York. Our philosophy is based on the principles of integrity, simplicity, patience, moderation, peaceful resolution of conflict, and a belief that the silence and simple ministry of the “gathered meeting” bring the presence of God into the midst of our busy lives. Friends is committed to developing a diverse community whose members value excellence in learning and growth in knowledge and skills. We are also committed to service and ethical action, and to an understanding that every life is to be explored, celebrated and enjoyed in the spirit of the Religious Society of Friends.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
Friends Academy is committed to our guiding principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We welcome candidates representing the diversity of the world in our hiring practices and educational program. Learn about our diversity initiatives at www.fa.org
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and three professional references for consideration.
Friends Academy is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to hiring exceptional, dedicated teachers of diverse backgrounds. We consider qualified individuals for employment with the School regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability or any other state or federally protected classification
The following coaching positions are open for the 2020-21 school year:
- Head Crew Coach
- Head Squash Coach
- Girls Varsity Cheerleading Head Coach
- Girls Varsity Softball Head Coach
- Girls Varsity Softball Assistant Coach
- Boys Varsity Ice Hockey Assistant Coach
Girls Varsity Lacrosse Assistant Coach
- Girls JV Lacrosse Assistant Coach
- Girls JV Tennis Assistant Coach
- Boys JV Tennis Assistant Coach
- Modified Softball Coach
- Modified Boys Basketball Coach
Please e-mail resume and cover letter to Athletic Director Alan Quackenbush at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In each division, there is an occasional need for daily substitute teachers. Additional substitutes are always needed.
- A BA degree and experience teaching students in one or more divisions: Lower School, Middle School, Upper School; an advanced degree is preferred.
- Teaching and or Assistant Teaching experience in independent schools is preferred.
- Strong organizational and communication skills as well as a love for working with children or young adults is required.
Friends Academy, a Quaker Independent Day School, PS-12th grade is seeking a part-time early childhood classroom assistant for the after school extended day program. A successful candidate will work Monday-Friday, 3:00 pm-6:00 pm and will assist with classroom management, engage children in activities and other responsibilities as assigned by the classroom teacher. Strong organizational and communication skills as well as a love for working with children.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and three professional references.
Friends Academy is committed to our guiding principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We welcome candidates representing the diversity of the world in our hiring practices and educational program.
Friends Academy is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider qualified individuals for employment with the School regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability or any other state or federally protected classification.
Seeking individuals with an interest to develop and facilitate unique week-long Pre-Summer (June 14-25, 2021) and/or Summer Programs (June 28-Aug. 13, 2021) for students (ages 3- 14) in the following areas:
Art, Athletics, Ceramics, Chess, Coding, Creative Writing & Journalism, Culinary Arts, Dance, Drama, Fashion and Sewing, Martial Arts, Music, Nature and Hiking, Outdoor Living Skills & Pioneering, Photography, Robotics, SCRATCH & STEAM, Sign Language, Video & Film, Literature and much more!
Applicants must enjoy working with children. Program curriculum must include hands-on and engaging activities. Applicants should have excellent communication and classroom management skills.
Please email a cover letter, resume and brief description of proposed program.