Acknowledgement, Apology, and Action
"This last week was a revelation for some of us and a painful reminder for others as dozens of our Black alumni, students, and Black allies wrote and posted about their experiences with racism at Friends Academy.
Above, I are sharing a video unequivocally stating my commitment to this work and to this community – to engage in ongoing listening, dialogue, and action as we work to eliminate bias and prevent racism at our school."
– Head of School Andrea Kelly
Beginning this week, we will host a series of Sustained Dialogues with our Black students, families, and alumni in order to hear directly from them about what we need to do to make our school more just. Please click below to read about ongoing, immediate, and future initiatives.
- A Message from Head of School Andrea Kelly
- A Message from Lower School Principal Dot Woo
- A Message from Middle School Principal Christine Saunders
- A Message from Upper School Principal Mark Schoeffel